Sunday, August 26, 2012

Direct Factory Outlet (DFO) Strathfield

After combing thru the main streets of CBD the day before, I was ready for another round of outlet review. This outlet I picked out is called the Direct Factory Outlet (DFO) and I chose the one at Strathfield - located outside of Sydney CBD in Zone 2 if you travel by City Rail train. There is another DFO Outlet by The Rocks at Circular Quay if you like something nearer. But I thought try something bigger.

Once you alight from the train station, catch bus 525 or 526 and it drops you directly at the entrance of the outlet. Spanning 2 levels, just hit level 2 because level 1 is only Cotton ON and another brand. Upstairs, BARDOT was having an outlet clearance (shutting down sale), go one round for Aussie brands like Seafolly & Portmans. Prices are slashed 50%-70% which is nice, but selection is not that great probably because I've missed the restock cycle.

Overall, I probably won't do this place if I am visiting Sydney again on a short trip. Stocks are not that great. But, Strathfield is also a cozy little Korean town, so if you're bored with the outlet, head on back to the shops outside for some authentic Korean KimChi dinner :D

Well ... all in all, quite a good cover of Sydney retail areas in a few days. Hopefully this gives you some idea where to get the best deals. Ciao!

No comments: