Sunday, August 26, 2012

Shopping at Bondi Junction, Sydney

What can I say? I just lurrrrvvvve BONDI JUNCTION! Take the City Rail train from Central Station towards Bondi Junction stop. The stop puts you smack at the mall area.

You will find the delightful Aussie stores ... my favorite, BARDOT, FOREVER NEW and lots more! It's easy breezy walking, with plenty of coffee stops along the way and yummy chow. You have to pay full retail prices (unless there's a sale) ... but overall, I like BONDI JUNCTION for the ambience compared to shopping at CBD.

Bondi Junction Mall layout is easily navigated, it houses 3 anchor department stores - TARGET, MYER & the popular WESTFIELD. I disregarded the first two since i had limited time, and explored WESTFIELD in 2 parts. As usual, one part houses the more luxurious retail brands .. there was a local brand I discovered call ZIMMERMAN -on display a floral chiffon dress to-die-for (see 2 pictures down, floral dress on the right). Let's put it this way, if I was a local resident in OZ I would SO buy this dress already. But as it is, price tag is AUD$695, so ... moving on.

Hands-down best shopping experience for me in Sydney because the ambience is relaxed unlike CBD area. Check out the spot-on trends of flourescent yellow & pink heels. Oh, and TIP: Once done, just walk back to Bondi Junction train station and catch the bus to BONDI BEACH for some fish, chips and beer ! Perfect lazy beach afternoon!

No comments: