Sunday, October 26, 2014

Ollaytantambo Inca Site

So we continued our journey after lunch by minivan to the Ollaytantambo site. This was another site of Inca ruins recommended to do before Machu Picchu. Here you can see we were approaching the entrance of the site.



Upon entering, there was a male staff member that dressed up as an Inca warrior of sorts.I thought it would be great to get a momento of the entrance to the site with him in it. I was doing a long-shot of the entrance from quite a few metres where he was standing. He freaked out on me, yelling " I am trying to work here. I don't take pictures, delete the picture you just took from your camera ..... " He rambled on, I forgot his exact words after that. I was just stunned that he was yelling like that, I was not trying to take advantage of him. I think he said something along the lines of - I must pay him some money before I take a picture of him. 

It was a really annoying incident. Wtf seriously and no, I did not tip him not because I already paid for the tour to the site, the entrance tickets to the site and the souvenirs from the site .... I did not tip him because quite simply, he was just rude.

Anyway, after that rather nasty entrance - I came into this !! Wow ... I forgot everything else that happened, the scene was just enigmatic.



Ollamtaytambo used to be an agricultural site where the ancient Incas grow food to sustain their people. One of the site's interesting features were the huge, steep terraces that they used to grow their food and in some ways acted as a fortress of some sort during the Spanish inquisition. They were a sight to behold really.



Look up the huge, steep terraces !



Massive land ... a Singaporean or Penangite can only dream about ...


I enjoyed the sights so much, and it was really an experience to visit this place ...


The Inca empire was called TAWANTINSUYU ... a mighty emperor PACHAKUTEQ ruled back in the days of glory.


How the Inca people engineered their buildings carved out from stones .... and arranged in genius ways to prevent the walls/ buildings of collapsing.



I touched the ancient walls of Ollantaytambo :)




Thoroughly enjoyed this day trip to Ollantaytambo. Should come here if making the trip to Machu Picchu, eventhough I read some visitors don't like this place. I think it's money worthwhile spent.


So back to my hotel at the cute Hotel Sauce.


Had a late dinner here at this Restaurant ... another yummy fish dish :))


Evening came ... quaint little town, I like. Gotta get ready for early bedtime because tomorrow is a long day - Machu Picchu, at the crack of dawn !