Sunday, October 26, 2014

The TANGO SHOW at Buenos Aires



This was my fourth or fifth day ( I kinda lost count ), anyway we took a connecting LAN flight from the small Iguazu town airport to Buenos Aires – it was a domestic flight departure at lunchtime 1345hours. We reached the Buenos Aires Airport with our nice guide waiting on us at the arrival hall.


She took us to our hotel named TWO HOTEL – a cosy little business hotel that obviously enjoyed brisk business tucked away in one of the lanes at the city centre. I also liked that there was a Carrefour convenience store just a few steps away, I liked the rooms as well – very clean as you can see here.






Here at the Lobby, our guide gave us some tips for the shopping the next day. However, this evening we were going to a Tango show (yay!) She gave us the tickets (all pre-booked and paid in advance by LAFL for us).



Not sure if we overdid the Iguazu trip, but we were spent (!) by the time we hit the hotel’s twin beds. All I wanted to do was sleep, and oh .. I forgot to mention it started to rain outside. We were clearly very comfortable inside.

By the time the clock struck 2000hrs SHARP, we managed to pry ourselves and made it down to the Lobby – suddenly it felt cold just waiting there for a really long time. I thought we missed our transport or something, but there was another elderly couple waiting with us. So it turned out we were all waiting for our transport to the restaurant for the Tango show.

Finally, the transport came and we clambered into it. So here I was with my travel partner, both of us in the most casual outfits of sorts and me in my distressed jeans and there was this busload of people dressed up to their nines. Especially this couple that did the all-white ensemble – it’s like they were going to a Diddy event. I slightly regretted not making the effort to put myself together but too late for that now.

We finally got to the restaurant, thought we were late ... but nooo guess it just started like at almost 2100++hours and I was famished! 

 
Everyone was just starting out ... add one hour or two hours from the actual dinner time invite. Nice! Something I learned about the culture here. I love it that they take their time here, and it's certainly a nice departure from my hectic lifestyle in Singapore.


Dinner started with a salmon mousse (nice texture, I wolfed that down).


Then came the mains, it featured interestingly a huge slab of meat with ONE sweet potato cube at the side. Errr ... where are the glazed veggies and steak sauce? Anyway, that was the first time I tasted real Argentine beef, and it tasted better than the beef dish I had in Rio. So that was a good thing.


For dessert, there was something else but it failed to make an impression, so I forgot now what it was. Red and white wines were free-flowing throughout the meal.


Now the show! The Tango show was really something else. It was really good. I would recommend anyone visiting Buenos Aires for the first time to go see an authentic red-blooded, simmering hawtness of authentic Tango shows =) Just WOW. BRAVO. Luv it!