Sunday, October 26, 2014

Why Latin America


Truth be told, I’ve been wanting to visit Latin America ever since I read about the ancient city of the Mayans when I was in school (no, not part of the national syllabus, I’m just a curious child).

After postponing potential trips to Latin America for a good two years, this was the year (2014) I just HAD to make it happen.Latin America gave me the impression of Asia. I kinda think Asians and Latin Americans share the same warmth and hospitality, the same passion for colors and the same zest for life.

When I was in Buenos Aires, they said dinner was at 8.00PM. The first appetizer did not serve until close to 9.00PM. Late dinners, isn’t this also what we love to do in Asia? How many times have we gone and have supper at the mamak‘s in the middle of the night? And what about the 24/7 eateries in Hong Kong and Penang? Just because we love to eat all the time.

Yumz : Hot & Spicy Foods 24/7 from Penang, Malaysia.
The Irrepressible Curry Mee.
 The Delish Asam Laksa.

Then of course, is my other personal reason. I charted all the cities I’ve been to until August this year and it looked like this. 


I wanted to make it look like this for the longest time ....and so I did this year! Yesshhhh ... !