Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Palace Guards & The Gardens JARDIN EXOTIQUE


Since it was another 20 minutes to noon, I decided to join the long waiting crowd. A big crowd had started to gather to witness the palace guard change. Everyone was standing in the hot sun just waiting to see this. I spotted the ONLY shady area where a few elderly tourists and two young couples were standing. Just a tip - if you want to view the guard changes, DO NOT stand in this shady spot. Just stand under the sun like the rest of the sweltering crowd.

5 minutes to noon, a palace official brought an entourage of VIPs to stand right in front of us at that very spot. Much to the ire of the elderly ladies who I assumed had been waiting for a long time. The other young couple, sorta cursed and walked away. One of the aunties yelled at that the official (hahahaa ..) saying "WE CAN'T SEE!" to no avail. Whilst I was busy filming this entire asinine episode (by this I don't mean the guard change, I meant the fat VIPs blocking us). Yet another reason why Monaco won't be in my favorite list of countries to revisit.

My favorite part of Monaco is its Jardin Exotique garden. It's breathtakingly beautiful with colorful flowers, I took many pictures here. This is the official website http://www.jardin-exotique.mc/en/