Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Walk along MONACO PORT towards the steps up to the Palace


As you walk downhill, you will get to the Monaco Harbour where the rich dock their yachts. It was kinda surreal to be standing there, not in a good way .... the beach is mostly rocks. There is no public beach you can walk along Monaco. Btw, I wasn't that impressed by Monaco - the entire walk downhill, it's building after building. Sorta like I'm in just another city in Europe, and I had such high expectations of Monaco. I mean, I try to take something back from the city whenever I travel. Milan was sexy. Paris was romantic. London was witty. Sydney was gorgeous. Berlin was refreshing. It's not my fault that I had expected Monaco to be glamorous.

At the end of the harbour walk, cross the road and you will find the steps to see the Monaco Palace and Cathedral. There is an escalator but I found that was inconvenient, as you had to walk some more towards the other side of the harbour to get to the escalator. So up the steps I took, after a few initial stairs -- it then became an uphill pavement climb.