Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mid-Afternoon Stroll at the Beach in Villefranche

There are a number of stalls all along the beachfront area where alfresco cafes abound.

You can grab your lunch here while browsing the stalls afterwards.
My Lunch (or rather my teatime snack). Errr... you can see I don't rely on navigation software but a printout map. Hubbs would probably prefer to take his phone for Google offline maps, but MY PHONE SCREEN is too small. Also, I've tried using Garmin in my earlier trips, it was complete waste of my time, not to mention I gotta lug a navi unit AND my phone together. So I've decided if anyone is using the navi software or offline maps, that will be hubbs not me ;)
When I travel solo, it's a one-page printout. That's all I am taking with me.



So here I am looking at my one-page map while lunching ... heh heh....

For some reason, a simple beef burger with fries tasted better here. Maybe it's the mayonaise they concoct themselves, whatever it was -- it was lipsmacking good for 6.50 Euros. Large portion too.