Thursday, July 11, 2013

Taking EASYJET UK


Here's the London Stansted Airport - the GOTO airport if you wanna fly from London to the various cities of Europe and then some. It's designed for budget-savvy travellers, and its' very night-time friendly as well (*hint* if you are in one of those early morning flights, you can spend the night here done that, no problem ... restaurants are opened 24/7, and the airport indoor temperature is pleasant for an Asian chick like me).

I've decided to book on UK's to-date most popular budget carrier, the EasyJet flight to South of France destination Nice, Cote D'Azur Airport =)

Stansted Airport runs a tight ship, passengers have to STAY at the MAIN departure lounge where it is most crowded (and not at the departure gates). This is because the departure gates will not show on screens until it's almost time to board. This is to control passenger flow at the departure gates. I found a sweet spot at Starbucks facing the departure screens while I eat. A breakfast roll cost 2.65 GBP, with the works - bacon (lots),eggs and mushrooms (yummm!). I bought two, ate one and kept the other since I knew it's gonna be a long day once I touched down in Nice =)