Saturday, July 13, 2013

Room # 202 Hotel Provencal


A few minor disgruntlements, for 74.50 euros per night there was no electric kettle to make coffee in the comfort of my room. If I wanted to get coffee, I had to make my way down to reception to ask them for it, and they charge 3.00 euros (!) -- they won't tell you this, they just add this into your check-out tab. I thanked my lucky stars that the coffee actually SUCKED and that was the only reason why being a caffeine addict, I did not order more coffees without knowing about the "secret charges".

The reception was abit cold for my liking - in my opinion, did little to promote hospitality of Villefranche but in all fairness, they will do their best to answer your questions. And the worse thing was, they charge 4.50 euros for one hour of Wifi and 9.00 euros for 24 hours of Wifi. They had free Wifi at the Lobby downstairs but I didn't like the way they put up the PC in a dimly lit corner & the performance was too slow (due to old model PC). In the end, I paid an additional 9 euros just for Wifi. If free Wifi in the room AND the room kettle with coffee sachets were available - this hotel wins hands down in every aspect.

For the record, I stayed at Room # 202 which was actually by the stairs - you can hear people if they take the stairs but it's not very often and it did not bother me since it's not very loud. If guests paid abit more, they can get better rooms with a view of the sea.

Overall, I was quite happy with this hotel despite a few ticks. Word of caution, always book ahead before you visit Villefranche because the tourists (even the local ones) come here especially during their summer holidays.